Forest production in Uruguay – a joint activity with the Academy of Economics
In August 4, 2021, our Academy co-organized a panel presentation with the Uruguayan Academy of Economics on “Forest production in Uruguay: balance and perspectives”.
The Academy of Engineering thanks our colleagues in the Academy of Economics for their collaboration in this activity, which presented a relevant issue for our country. The panel follows on the themes of CAETS 2018 (Montevideo), and was motivated by a document prepared by the Academy of Engineering on the forest sector, (available here).
The panel was recorded in video and is available in the Youtube channel of the Academy of Economics, in this link.
The presentations (all in Spanish) are listed below, indicating for each one a link to the PDF file and an approximate temporal position in the video.
1. Rosario Pou Ferrari, “Producción forestal en el Uruguay – balance y perspectivas”. (11′ 00″)
2. Fernando García Préchac, “Tres temas sobre forestación: suelos, aguas y consecuencias ambientales” (31′ 30″)
3. Diego Varalla, “¿Forestación en nuestros sistemas?” (54′ 22″)
4. Luis M. Rodríguez, “Agregado de valor a la producción forestal” (1 h 16′ 40″)
5. Alfonso Capurro, “Aspectos económicos de la cadena forestal” (1 h 33′ 45″)
6. Luis Viana, “Aporte del sector forestal a los ingresos públicos” (1 h 55′ 40″)
After the presentations, the panel answered questions of the assistants; this is registered starting at about 2 h 12 m 40 s in the video.